With All Of These Enchanting Holiday Events You Just May Decide To Start A New Holiday Tradition Or Two.
Christmas in Harvard -
December 6th - Christmas in Harvard, 9:30 am-4 pm - Discover the magic of Harvard, with a day filled with old fashioned Christmas fun. Have Breakfast with Mrs. Claus, Visit with Santa, Free Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides, Catch the Christmas Parade and shop Santa’s Gift Shoppe and the Craft Show. For more details go to Christmas in Harvard.
Christmas in Woodstock -
- The Holidays in Woodstock
Woodstock’s Victorian Christmas begins November 28th, where you will be transported back into the Victorian Era. Highlights include; Lighting of the Square, Free Carriage Rides, Holiday Carolers, Street Musicians and more. For additional information go to http://www.woodstockil.gov/
- Friday, November 28th - Lighting of the Square – In Park in the Square, festivities start at 6:30 pm. Lighting at 7:00pm and Santa will be on the Square from 7:30 to 9:00 pm.
November 29th-December 20th- Free Carriage Rides Around the Square - November 29, December 5&6, December 12 &13, December 19 &20 during the hours of 4 pm and 8 pm
Sunday, November 30th- Christmas Parade around the Square - 2:00 pm, stop for milk & cookies with Santa after the parade!
November 30th- December 20th - Christmas Tree Walk - at the Opera House
Thursday, December 4th - Ladies Night Out - 5-9 pm, specials abound all over town.
November & December - the Woodstock Opera House - Enjoy Christmas classics such as; Christmas Carol, The Nutcracker Ballet, Ed Hall’s Christmas Guitar Night and more. http://www.woodstockoperahouse.com/
Christmas in Crystal Lake -
- Festival Of Light Parade
- Friday, November 28th - Festival of Lights Parade - 7 pm in Downtown Crystal Lake -Experience this enchanted evening with illuminated floats, marchers, and music.
November 28th – December 23rd, Santa House Visits - Thursdays & Fridays from 6-8 pm, Saturday’s from 10:00-3:00 pm, and Sundays from noon – 3:00 pm, with extended hours Monday, Dec. 23rd 6-8 pm. Downtown at Brink St. Market on Williams St.
Saturday, December 6th - Breakfast with Santa - 9:00 am. Children enjoy a buffet breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Old Towne Hall at the corner of Brink & Williams Streets. Visits with Santa, music, games, gift and photo included in ticket price. Ticket price $12 per person. Children under age 2 are free. This is a sell out event so get your tickets early. For info on all of the above go to http://downtowncl.org/
Sunday, December 7th - Kiwanis Santa Run For Kids - 9:00 am, at the Raue Center for The Arts in Downtown Crystal Lake. The Santa Run is an annual 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Walk to benefit the following agencies of McHenry County: Kiwanis Club of Crystal Lake, Turning Point, CASA, Girls on the Run of NW IL, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Main Stay Therapeutic Riding. The first 800 participants (5K)receive a Santa Suit or Reindeer Antlers ( l mile). To register go to Kiwanis Santa Run For Kids
The 2nd Annual run in 2013 had over 975 runners/walkers and raised over $24,000 for these agencies.
Raue Center for the Arts– enjoy one of their Christmas programs. Including the Nutcracker, Holiday Pops Concert, and Sing A Long Messiah. For their entire Holiday Selection and ticket information go to http://www.rauecenter.org/
Christmas in Cary -
Sunday, December 7th - Merry Cary Holiday Parade & Festival - Noon – 3:30 pm a day of fun for the entire family. The Parade begins at 1:00 pm at West Main St. and goes through downtown Cary and is one of the largest Holiday parades in McHenry County. After the parade stay downtown for horse drawn sleigh rides, pony Rides, a Petting Zoo and much, much more. All events are free. For more info Christmas in Cary
Christmas in Fox River Grove -
Saturday, December 6th - Annual Tree Lighting Festival - 2:00-5:00 pm stop by for Children’s Activities, Horse Drawn Wagon Rides, Music, Storytelling and More. Santa will arrive by fire truck to meet the children and have photos taken. Tree lighting around 4:30 pm. Located about 1 mile from the Metra station, at 975 Algonquin Rd.
Christmas in Barrington -
Breakfast with Santa at Chessie’s
Saturday, November 22nd - Holiday Wine Walk - 2-6 pm Kick off your holiday shopping in Barrington’s unique shops while enjoying free wine tastings and other tasty treats in over twenty local shops. Don’t miss the Shops on Lageschulte and the Ice House Mall just a few blocks from the main shopping district.
November 22 -Holiday Happenings - Join the shops of the Ice House Mall as they usher in the holiday season. Official tree lighting, Visit with Santa’s Elves, Bring letters to Santa’s Mailbox, entertainment and shopping for the whole family. Story Hour, read in French at 12:30 pm by Language Stars of Barrington.
December 4, 5, 6 & 7th – ChristKindlfest - A holiday festival with a village market and so much more: International Food & Drink • Live Music & Entertainment • Live Reindeer • Unique Hand-Crafted Merchandise • Kids’ Activities • Carnival Rides & More. For band line-up and more information visit Christkindlfest. Downtown Barrington at the corner of Cook and Station Streets.
Saturday, December 6th – Enjoy Barrington’s Annual Holiday Traditions - 10am till 7 pm : The Holiday Trolley will take you to all of these events from 10:30 am – 6:30 pm. With continuous hourly route from the Village Center to Ice House Mall to Shops on Lageschulte, The Foundry and The Shops at Flint Creek.
- ‘Candy Cane Festival’, 10 am-2 pm, at the Foundry Shopping Center: Free Reindeer Antlers, a Petting Zoo, Photos With Santa , Letters to Santa,and Gingerbread Cookies. Then Climb Aboard one of the Barrington Fire Trucks. Also visit participating retailers for special treats and surprises.
- ‘Winter Wonderland’, 10 am-4 pm, at the Ice House Mall: 10:30 am- a special holiday dance presentation of The Nutcracker, Followed by - Story Time with Mrs. Claus, 12:45 pm - Santa arrives on the Holiday Trolley to greet the children, and at 1:30 a performance by the Rose School Stingray choral group
- ‘Holidazzle Fest’, 10:30 am-5 pm, at the Shops as Flint Creek: stop by Heinen’s to take in the sights & smells of Holiday cooking, entertaining and merrymaking. Children can decorate sugar cookies and you can watch cooking demonstrations and taste beer, wine and with food pairings. Meatheads next door will have milkshakes and fun.
- ‘Gingerbread Lane’, 11:00–5:00 pm at the Shops on Lageschulte: the street becomes Gingerbread Lane for a day. A special ornament awaits the children at Norton’s. Around 3:00 pm Santa arrives on the Trolley on his way to the Tree Lighting.
- ‘Peppermint Palace’, 11:00 am-4:00 pm, North Street & Barrington Commons stop into the stores for some sweet surprises.
- ‘Barrington Aglow’-Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, 1:00 to 6:30 pm, at Village Center on S. Cook Street: 1-5 pm – Free Carriage Rides, Hot Cocoa and Cookies, and The Madrigal Singers. At 5:00 pm Santa arrives by fire Engine to light Barrington’s tree and visit with the children until 6:30 pm.
- ‘Toys For Tots’, from 1-6:30 pm: Plan to bring an unwrapped toy to share with a deserving child. On South Cook Street, next to Santa’s red house in the Village center.
December 6th to 24th - Visit Santa at the Ice House Mall, Free Photos & Visits with Santa. Bring your cameras and wish lists, children receive a free holiday gift when visiting Santa. Call for Santa’s schedule 847-381-6661 or go to www.icehousemall , and don’t forget to drop your letters in Santa’s mailbox
Saturday, Dec 13th -Breakfast with Santa - 9:00 to 11:00 am Chessie’s Restaurant. Visit with Santa and enjoy a wonderful holiday breakfast with the family. Call for Reservations – (847) 382-5020
December 19th, 20th, 21st - The Nutcracker Ballet - Barrington Youth Dance Ensemble performs their annual production of the Nutcracker. There is no better way to get into the holiday spirit than seeing this beautiful show. Barrington High School Auditorium. Get your tickets while you still can! The show times are December 19th at 7:00 pm, December 20th at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm, and December 21st at 2:00 pm. For ticket information call (847) 382-6333 or visit www.byde.org
Christmas in Palatine -
Saturday November 22nd - Tree Lighting Ceremony– 5:00 pm Join Santa Claus and Palatines mayor for their annual tree lighting ceremony at Towne Square at Smith Street and Palatine road in downtown Palatine. Throughout the evening enjoy entertainment, refreshments, and visits with Santa.
Christmas in Arlington Heights -
Friday, November 28th - Arlington Hts. Lights up for the Holidays -4:30 pm Celebrate the holidays in Arlington Heights at the Annual Tree Lighting. Held at 4:30 p.m. at North School Park, 410 N. Arlington Heights Road. Enjoy carolers, dancers, and hot chocolate as you await the “flip of a switch” that will light up the holiday displays that fill North School Park as well as the large tree that sits atop the fountain in the heart of the Park. http://www.discoverarlington.com/ Once the lights are flipped, the entire Downtown features tree-lined streets lit with twinkling white lights, which makes a magical backdrop for window-shopping and restaurant hopping this holiday season.
Saturday, December 6th – Seventh Annual Rotary Santa Run takes place in downtown Arlington Heights. Be one of over 2000 Santa running for Rotary Club of Arlington Heights Charitable Foundation! For more info click Santa Run & Walk
Christmas in Mt. Prospect -
Wednesday, November 26th - Mt. Prospect Tree Lighting Ceremony - 5:00 pm at the Village Hall – Southwest Entrance, 50 S. Emerson Street. Head to Downtown Mt. Prospect and celebrate the beginning of the holiday season. The Madrigal Singers of Prospect High School will perform, and the Mount Prospect Lions Club will be serving hot cocoa. Back again this year, the Christkindl Market, with a variety of creative and unique gifts available from fine local artisans and vendors. For more details, check out http://www.experiencemountprospect.org .
Saturday, December 6th - Holiday Open House - 11 am to 3 pm Join the Mt. Prospect Park District for some hot cider, cookies and holiday cheer at Friendship Open House. Musical entertainment and a visit from you-know-who will round out the fun. Bring your camera take photos of live reindeer and beautiful holiday floral displays. For more information, visit www.mppd.org.Park Conservatory’s Holiday
Friday December 5th - Mount Prospect Historical Society’s 27th annual Holiday Housewalk - 3:30 to 9 pm-This years walk will highlight the interiors of five private homes, built between 1930 and 1948. http://www.mtphist.org/
Christmas in Park Ridge –
Friday, November 28th - Winter Fest– 6-9 pm A traditional holiday celebration with fun for all ages.
- A Free Trolley Bus will run between South Park and Uptown in Park Ridge, so you can experience all of their holiday activities.
- In South Park visit with Santa, his Elves and Live Reindeer, see the luminaries along Prospect and Cortland, browse the shops for open house treats.
- In Uptown, be there for Santa’s arrival on a fire truck at the Library. Santa will light the community tree and Main East Blue Regiment will be providing entertainment. While you are there take in the open house at the library and visit the shops in Uptown for Open House Treats and shop for that perfect holiday gift. For a complete listing of events go to Christmas in Park Ridge
Christmas in Edison Park –
Saturday, December 6th - Santa Express & Tree Lighting– 9:54 am Santa will arrive by train, to the Edison Park, Metra Train Station. From the station, he’ll escort the kids to the Edison Park Christmas Tree Lighting at the corner of Oshkosh and Northwest Hwy. His journey will end at the Edison Park Field House where kids will have the opportunity to get a picture with Santa and Frozen’s Princesses Anna & Elsa. Have a snack, make a craft and take a sleigh ride around Edison Park. This free community event is sure to get you and yours in the holiday spirit!
Christmas in Norwood Park-
December 4th to the 7th - Victoria’s Craft Boutique & Holly Daze Café - Every year, the Norwood Park Historical Society opens Chicago’s Oldest House to more than 35 crafters who sell handmade items at Victoria’s Craft Boutique. The Holly Daze Café will offer a selection of soups, sandwiches, desserts, and other treats for sale. Shop and then snack at this wonderful event. Go to Norwood Park Historical for details