Hop On Board for the 6th Annual Palatine Rotary Club’s Oktoberfest
A completely tented event in downtown Palatine, located at the corners of Brockway and Slade, just across the street from the Metra Station, in downtown Palatine. It runs Friday, September 20th through Sunday, September 22nd.
This FREE fest has it all; live entertainment, authentic German food, plus cuisine from local eateries and a pig roast. Beverages include Schofferhofer and Radenberger beer as well as a special Oktoberfest and Kolsch beer from Onion Pub & Brewery, pop and water. One of the favorites is ‘Family Day’ on Saturday from 12:00-3:30PM with tons of family friendly activities and entertainment.
Friday, September 20th from 4pm – 12am:
Activities: Festivities will begin with a traditional keg rolling and tapping ceremony at 5:00 PM
Bands: Jimmy’s Bavarians will entertain the crowd from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM, followed by Die Musikmeisters from 8:00 PM until midnight.
Saturday, September 21st from 12pm – 12am:
Activities: Family Day 12:00-3:30pm featuring
- Noon – 3:30PM Infants through 5-year-old Music-Making Station by Metropolis Performing Arts Center teachers.
- Noon – 3:30 Positive Strokes offers face painting/arts & crafts
- Noon – 12:30 Scarecrows On Parade
- 1:00 – 2:00 Palatine OnStage musical theatre medley
- 2:00 – 3:00 Quest Academy’s award-winning Choir
- 3:00 – 4:00 Bonnie Lindholm School of Dance
- Around 2:00 – Palatine Police Department Introduction to K-9 dog and K-9 program
- 3:30PM Children’s Raffle Basket Drawing (all children will receive a free ticket)
- And the Great Sobotka Magic Show
Bands: Die Musikmeisters performing from 3:30 PM until 7:30 PM, followed by Phenix from
8:00 PM until close at midnight.
Sunday, September 22nd from 12pm – 6pm
Activities: 2:00 – 4PM – Wine Tasting
Bands: Noon-Johnny Wagner
You can view a complete listing of events at www.palatinerotary.com